The Holidays are wrapping up and 2009 is coming to a close. New Years Eve is one of the most popular nights to get out and about in Austin. The easy choice is 6th street, but if you don’t want to fight the hundreds of thousands of people roaming the streets, here’s a list of 8 alternatives to 6th street for New Years Eve celebrations:
- First Night Austin 2010
- An inter-generational, family friendly, alchohol-free celebration taking place at different location around Austin, download the complete Austin First Night program
- Festivities start at 4 and include art, music, theater performances, workshops, and a parade among other things.
- First Night Austin New Year’s Eve Run
- In conjunction with the First Night festivities, a 2 mile run starting at Auditorium Shores at 10 p.m. should get you in the mood for a fun and fit 2010
- The Eggmen at Jovita’s Mexican Restaurant
- The Eggmen are an Austin Beatles cover band
- They will be performing 2 shows at Jovita’s Mexican Restaurant on New Year’s Eve:
- a family friendly show from 4:15-6:00 p.m. to commemorate the New Years in London. Price: $8 Adults/$5 Kids – available at the door
- a New Year’s Eve bash featuring Ouch! (on at 8:15) & the Eggmen (on from 9 p.m.-1 a.m.) – Prizes, giveaways & food – price: $25
- Jovita’s Mexican Restaurant
1619 South First St.
Austin, TX 78704
- FINO Restaurant, Patio & Bar New Year’s Eve Dinner
- A New Year’s Eve Dinner featuring Paella and New Year’s Eve Cocktails
- Call for reservations, prices & more info
2905 San Gabriel Street
Austin, TX 78705
- Flying Saucer’s Annual New Year’s Eve Party
- The Flying Saucer Draught House will be hosting a New Year’s Eve celebration with Free admission, a Free champagne toast, and party favors. Doors open at 11 a.m.
- Inside the Triangle
815 W. 47th St.
Austin, TX 78751
- New Years Eve with Jimmy LaFave at Threadgill’s North
- Join Texas music legend Jimmy LaFave at Threadgill’s North for a special New Years Eve concert and a delicious 4 course meal
- Dinner from 7:30-9:30 p.m. download the menu (PDF)
- Opening act: Jess Klein
- Main act: Jimmy LaFave
- Price: $75
Music Starts at 9 p.m.
call for reservations
- Threadgill’s North
6416 North Lamar
Austin, Texas 78752
- Guy Forsyth and Sideshow Tragedy at the Saxon Pub
- New Years Eve Dinner at Lakeway Resort & Spa
Superior Foundation Repair would like to wish you and your family a prosperous 2010 and would like to thank all of our customers for helping make us one of the top foundation repair companies in Austin, Texas this year. We look forward to repairing foundations and leveling houses in the Austin and San Antonio area for many more years to come.
Happy New Year!