Once again we have been working hard to put together a list of Events for the upcoming holiday weekend. Due to the success of our previous posts on July 4th, Memorial Day, New Year’s Eve, Christmas, and Thanksgiving, we have decided to offer our suggestions for all major holidays. Feel free to subscribe to our RSS feed to stay up to date on what’s going on around Central Texas over your favorite holidays. Following are our picks for Labor Day 2010 Events in and around Austin and San Antonio.
Southern National Archery Festival – Austin, TX
- The Southern National Archery Festival will be held from Sep. 2-5, 2010 at the Travis County Expo Center and will be featuring an archery competition with $250,000 in Prize Money, including a $32,000 grand prize. Along with a top notch Archery Competition, Live music from well-known, national recording artists will be on hand. Artists scheduled to appear include: Tanya Tucker, Steve Wariner, Johnny Rodriguez, Asleep at the Wheel, Frank Addington, Justin Haigh, Charlie Hurtin, Vallejo, and LC Rocks. In addition this event features a Cowboy Church, Redneck Parade, Swap Meet, Wild Card Drawing, Wild Cook Off, and a Youth Range. Tickets range between $27.25 and $37.75 for adults while children under 16 will receive a discount. On site camping is available. In addition Earl Campbell will be hosting a kickoff Gala on August 25th at Cool River Cafe. The Southern National Archery Festival is also on Facebook, stop by for more info.
Hayes Carll’s Labor Day Bash – Luckenbach, TX
- The folks out at Luckenbach continue their tradition of offering high quality country music festivals to residents of Central Texas over holiday weekends. For Labor Day they will be presenting Hayes Carll’s Labor Day Bash. The show will begin at 2 p.m. on Sep. 5th and features a line up of 7 artists including: Hayes Carll, The Trishas, Jesse Dayton, John Evans, Corb Lund, Rosie Flores, and Alejandro Escovedo. Tickets for this event are $37 and can be ordered on the Luckenbach, Texas Event page. This so show is an outdoor event and will be well attended, so get there early and bring a lawn chair! Also check out this write up on facebook about the Labor Day Weekend in Luckenbach.
Rodrigo y Gabriela – San Antonio, Texas
- On Saturday September 4th at 7:30 p.m., internationally acclaimed recording artists Rodrigo y Gabriela will be performing at San Antonio’s Majestic Theatre. Tickets for the show are available online and range between $39-$49. From Mexico, this duo combines their rock and roll influences with latin and flamenco styles to create an intriguing sound. The duo are both accomplished guitar players. Visit their website for more information on Rodrigo y Gabriela. Here is a sample of their music
2010 Kerrville Wine & Music Fest – Kerrville, Texas
- The annual Kerrville Wine & Music Fest will take place from Sep. 3-5 in Kerrville, Texas and will feature 3, 6 hour evening concerts with wine tasting provided by some of Texas most renowned wine makers. There will also be a pair of 2 hour afternoon concerts during the festival, however wine tasting will only be available during the evening concerts. As always there will be vendors offering food and on-site camping is available. Two dozen world renowned Singer/Songwriters will be performing throughout the course of the event. SFR can personally recommend attending the Baskery show.
Celebrate Bandera 2010 – Bandera, Texas
- “The Cowboy Capital of the World”, Bandera, presents Celebrate Bandera 2010 Sep. 3-5 with a plethora of events to be held around town. This festival includes a Parade, Cattle Drive, Inter Tribal Pow Wow, Live Music, Cowboy Mounted Shooters, a Wild West Show, and an Invitational Tie Down Roping & Barrel Race (more info and a schedule of events). The web page includes descriptions of all events and more information on the festival.
Westfest Polka Festival – West, Texas
- Since 1976, the good folks of West, Texas have been celebrating the rich Czech history in Texas with Westfest. The event will take place from Sep. 3-5 and features the Miss Westfest contest on Friday evening, a parade on Saturday morning, the Kolache 5000 Fun Run on Sunday morning and a Polka Mass on Sunday morning. There will be live polka music on two stages starting at 12:15 on Saturday and Sunday and lasting throughout the day until the end of the festival. Tickets for Westfest are $12 for the Friday night Kick Off Party, and $8 per day on Saturday and Sunday.
Texas Labor Day Weekend – Uvalde, TX
- Uvalde was home to the first ever BBQ cook off competition which took place on June 3, 1972. The Texas Labor Day Weekend Celebration commemorates this event with the Briscoe Ranch BEEF BBQ Cook-off Challenge presented by the South Texas CattleWomen and takes place from Sep. 3-4. The challenge will take place on Friday Evening beginning at 6 in Uvalde Memorial Park. Saturday activities at the Texas Labor Day Weekend include a parade on Saturday morning, 3-on-3 basketball tournament, team roping, live music, kids activites, a horse shoe tournament, washer pitching tournament, and plenty of food and drinks (event schedule).
Kendall County Fair – Boerne, TX
- For over 100 years, the citizens of Kendall County have been hosting the Kendall County Fair over the Labor Day weekend in Boerne. It started as a way to exchange agriculture tips and recipes and has blossomed into one of Central Texas’ most anticipated Labor Day Festivals. The Fair takes place from Sep. 2-5 and except for Thursday when admission is free, tickets are $10 per day Friday-Sunday, with a $15 separate charge for Saturday night’s festivities, highlighted by a performance from Roger Creager. Activities during the fair include: a beauty contest, carnival, vendors, exhibits, a Rodeo, live music, a parade on Saturday morning, and livestockk barns (event schedule).
Central Texas State Fair – Belton, Texas
- Belton is the home of the Central Texas State Fair which takes place from Sep. 3-5 at the Bell County Expo Center. Admission to the fair is $5 per day, while some events require a ticket purchase. Activites at the Central Texas State Fair include a carnival, livestock shows, mechanical bull, petting zoo, hypnotist, juggler, freestyle bicycle stunt team, rock climbing wall, vendors and live music (event schedule). Tickets are available for Professional Bull Riding on Friday and Saturday as well as Power Fest 2010 (a monster truck show) on Sunday.
Of course, there are other events happening around Central Texas this Labor Day weekend, and here is a list of events with links and locations.
- Free Day of Yoga – Austin, Texas
- Colorado River 100 – Bastrop, Texas
- Austin Labor Day Cup – Austin, Texas
- 16th Annual Alamo Classic Baseball Tournament – San Antonio, Texas
- Riverwalk Arts & Crafts Show – San Antonio, Texas
- 5 Mile Whine Run – New Braunfels, TX
- Mason County Applefest – Mason, Texas
Superior Foundation Repair wishes you a safe Labor Day Weekend in whatever you decide to do. If you are in the Austin or San Antonio areas and are experiencing foundation problems, please visit our Austin Foundation Repair page or our San Antonio Foundation Repair page, for more information on our services. We also provide Free Foundation Repair Estimates. Subscribe to our RSS feed for more information on foundation repair and events in Central Texas.
Also, if you have any links you feel should be added to this list, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.