The end of summer is approaching fast! The Labor Day holiday is the last long weekend to enjoy the leisurely pace of summer before school and cool weather return. Following tradition, Superior Foundation Repair wants to help you celebrate the last weekend of summer by putting together our top events in the and festivals in the Austin, San Antonio, and Central Texas for the holiday. Be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed to stay up to date on what’s going on around Central Texas over your favorite holidays. Here are our picks for Labor Day Weekend events in San Antonio, Austin, and the Central Texas region.
Free Concerts at Luckenbach – Luckenbach, Texas
- Again, Luckenbach offers up a weekend of free music with a variety of country artists. On Friday, the concerts begin at 1:00 pm with Jimmy Lee Jones and go into the night with dancing and a kick a boot band. On Saturday, the afternoon will begin again with a free band at 1:00 pm. Saturday night at 9:00 pm the only cover charge will be $15 to see Mickey and the Motorcars. Sunday and Monday will also feature free concerts. Relax and savor the remaining hours of summer at Luckenbach.
Buddy Guy – Austin, Texas
- Here is a legendary way to end the summer: join Rock and Roll Hall of famer blues guitarist, Buddy Guy at Austin City Limits Live for a night of music that has inspired the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, and Stevie Ray Vaughn. Jus this year, Buddy Guy, won his sixth Grammy Award for his most current release, Living Proof. At Austin City LimitsLive, Guy will be playing with Michel Williams, the son of Texas Blues legend, Junior Medlow Williams. The show will be on Saturday, September 3rd at 8:00 pm. Tickets Range from $19.50 to $39.50 and doors will open at 6:30 pm.
Kerrville Wine & Music Festival – Kerrville, Texas
- From September 2nd through the 4th ease into Fall by celebrating wine making and music. The Kerrville Wine and Music Festival is located at Quiet Valley Ranch (about 9 miles south of Kerrville, Texas) and will feature three 6-hour evening concerts and two 2-hour afternoon concerts. During the evening concerts, Texas’ top wine makers will offer up tastes, glasses, or bottles of their best vintages. The festival also features events such as yoga, bike rides, and wine seminars. Tickets range from $30 to $35 purchased in advanced to $40 at the door. Check out the schedule of events, concerts, and winemakers.
Celebrate Bandera 2011 – Bandera, Texas
- Go back to the roots of the wild wild west with ‘the cowboy capital of the world’, Bandera, Texas. This Labor Day celebration beginning Thursday, September 1st and ending Saturday, September 3rd includes music, horses, bull fights, traditional pow wows, longhorn cattle, and the Kings of Western Swing. For a detailed schedule of events and lodging check of the Celebrate Bandera website.
West Fest Polka Festival – West, Texas
- Each year, close to 20,000 people visit the town of West, Texason Labor Day weekend to celebrate Czechoslovakian food, dance, and culture. The West Fest Polka Festival includes fun for the whole family ranging from polka dancing to tractor pulls. The festival kicks off with a preview party Friday night from 5:30 pm to 12:30 am. On Saturday the fun continues with a parade at 10:00 am and open fair grounds until 12:30 am, and on Sunday, the fair grounds open at 8:00 am and close at 12:30 am, guaranteeing a full weekend of fun. On Friday night, adult tickets are $12 and children under the age of 12 are free! Saturday and Sunday adult tickets are $8 and children under the age of 6 are free!
Texas Labor Day Weekend Celebration – Uvalde, Texas
- HEB presents the Labor Day Weekend Celebration at Uvalde Memorial Park on September 2nd and 3rd in Uvalde, Texas. Come out Friday night for the fourth annual Briscoe Ranch Beef Barbeque cook-off challenge hosted bye the South Texas CattleWomen. Saturday get the fun started with a parade at 11:00 am on North Getty Street. Admission to Uvalde Park will be free and the day’s activities will include arts and crafts, food vendors, live music, three-on-three basketball, and horseshoes. There will also be fun and games just for the kids such as a bungee bounce, pony rides, rock climbing, and inflatables.
Kendall County Fair – Boerne, Texas
- 100 years later and Boerne, Texasis still helping us celebrate the Labor Day weekend with the Kendall County Fair. The county fair includes a rodeo, a parade, an apple pie contest; carnival rides, and live music entertainment. Check out the detailed schedule of events and plan a family weekend get-a-way!
Central Texas State Fair – Belton, Texas
- Once again, Belton, Texashosts the Central Texas State Fair September 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Tickets are only $5 dollars for adults and children under the age of 12 are free. Entertainment at the Fair includes live music, a rock wall, a petting zoo, a mechanical bull, livestock shows, commercial and food vendors, and carnival rides. Here is a detailed schedule of events for the entire weekend.
River Walk Arts and Crafts – San Antonio, Texas
- If a relaxing stroll along San Antonio’s picturesque riverwalksounds like the perfect way to spend your last weekend of summer, then head on down the Labor Day Arts & Crafts Show on the River Walk. Participating vendors will show their most unique pieces of art, pottery, jewelry, and more.
Other Labor Day 2011 Events in Austin, San Antonio and Central Texas
For additional events and activities going on in the Austin, San Antonio and Central Texas area, please follow the links below:
- Free Day of Yoga – Austin, Texas
- Austin Cup Soccer Tournament – Austin, Texas
- Austin Tennis Tournament Austin, Texas
- End of the Summer Labor Day Bash/Car Show Austin, Texas
- Canoe 100 Mile Marathon – Bastrop, Texas
- Beer and BBQ Festival – Buda, Texas
- San Antonio Labor Day Baseball Tournament – San Antonio, Texas
- Free Fun Run with San Antonio Road Runners – San Antonio, Texas
- SARR Whine run – New Braunfels, Texas
- Mason County Apple Festival – Mason, Texas
- First Friday Art Walk – Fredricksburg, Texas
- Camp Eagle Mountain Bike Race – Kerrville, Texas
- Children’s Museum Discovery Afternoon – Austin, Texas
- Austin Museum of Art – Austin, Texas
SFR: your source for Austin Foundation Repair and San Antonio Foundation Repair
Superior Foundation Repair is your source for Austin Foundation Repair, San Antonio Foundation Repair, and Central Texas Foundation Repair. We provide free foundation inspections, and offer a 100% lifetime guarantee on our materials and workmanship. If you are noticing the Typical Signs of Foundation Problems, please feel free to get in touch for a free inspiction.
As always, we wish you a safe and happy Labor Day Weekend 2011, and we hope you enjoy the last long weekend before school gets back into full swing.