Continuing our series on Central Texas Holiday events, Superior Foundation Repair lists the top 5 Independence Day 2011 Festivals in Austin, San Antonio, and Central Texas. 235 years have passed since the signing of the Declaration of Independence and the birth of this great nation. Citizens of the USA are busily planning their 4th of July festivities, and as usual Superior Foundation Repair has put together a list of events for the Central Texas area. Below is our list of the top 5 events and festivals for celebrating Independence Day 2011 in Central Texas. Following our top 5 list of Central Texas 4th of July festivals, we’ve provided a list of links to many more 4th of July celebrations in the Central Texas region. Superior Foundation Repair wishes you a fun and safe holiday, and please don’t drink and drive.
The Top 5 2011 Central Texas Independence Day Festivals and Events
Events where fireworks are expected will be marked Y
Events where fireworks are not expected will be marked N
Events where not enough information is available will be labeled N/A
The Official San Antonio 4th of July celebration
- This official San Antonio Independence Day Festival takes place at the Woodlawn Lake Park in the heart of San Antonio, Texas and the festivities start at 10 am and last until 9 pm. At 10 am there will be pre-parade fun and games followed by the Salute to the Red, White, and Blue Parade at 11. This family friendly event is an easy way to celebrate the nation’s birthday with games, food, and live music. The non-stop fun culminates in the H-E-B firework extravaganza at 9pm. The city of San Antonio encourages participants to dress in patriotic costumes and enjoy the party. This is also a popular event so be sure to arrive early! The official event page for the San Antonio 4th of July celebration | Y
This Event has been Cancelled H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert & Fireworks
- On July 4th, at Auditorium Shores, thousands gather annually for the largest Independence Day celebration in Austin, TX. Led by the ASO music director, Peter Bay, this Fourth of July symphony will feature patriotic tunes. This night of spectacular music will finish with the 1812 Overture accompanied by 75-millimeter Howitzer canons, thanks to the Texas National Guard Salute Battery. The music will lead right into a half hour of dazzling fireworks over Lady Bird Lake. This event is free and open to the public, beginning at 8:30 p.m. But remember, this one is popular, so be sure to get there early. More Details on the Cancellation H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert & Fireworks | N
Luckenbach’s 4th of July Celebration
- Here is another FREE, annual, Central Texas 4th of July bash. Located in Luckenbach, Texas this popular 4th of July festival starts at 1pm and lasts until 6pm featuring 5 hours of live music as is customary in Luckenback. Hosting the show are Walt and Tina Wilkins and other performances will include The Drakes, Tommy Alverson, and The Mystiqueros. After the celebration a special 4th of July edition of Picker’s Circle will take place from 6pm to 9pm with Bill Lewis, a singer, songwriter, guitarist, and pianist. Central Texans can celebrate the 4th of July all day and night with great Texas country music.The official event page for Luckenbach’s 4th of July Celebration 2011 | N/A
Kerrville’s 4th on the River featuring Kevin Fowler
- Celebrate the 4th of July in Kerrville on the banks of the Guadalupe in the historic downtown area with food, art, live music, and fireworks. This Independence Day Festival starts at 9 a.m. with a fine arts and crafts show and the music begins at 4 p.m. at Louise Hays Park. The concert features Texas country stalwarts Kevin Fowler and Charlie Robinson with special guests JB and the Moonshine Band and John Wolfe. Adult tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Children under the age of 12 are just 5 bucks. After the concert stick around for one of the largest firework shows in the Hill Countrysponsored by Mamacitas. The official event page for Kerrville’s 4th on the River | N/A
The 36th Annual Schertz Jubilee
- Take a blanket and picnic basket to Pickrell Park this 4th of July in Schertz, Texas. This 4 day extravaganza includes live bands and music, a parade, bbq, apple pie contest, watermelon eating contest, and much, much more! Events and music from July 1st to the 3rd begin at 6pm and go to 11 pm. On Independence Day the parade starts at 9:30 a.m. and events continue through the night until 11 p.m. The finale to this weekend of fun is of course a great fireworks show. The official event page for the Schertz Jubilee | N/A UPDATE:N
Other Central Texas Independence Day Festivals and Events happening on the 4th of July 2011
- Independence Day Family Picnic | Austin, Texas | N
- Carlos’ N Charlie’s 4th of July Event | Austin, Texas | N
- Pioneer Farms Independence Day Celebration | Austin, Texas | N
- Freedom Day 4-Miler | San Antonio, Texas | Y
- Frontier Days Celebration | Round Rock, Texas | Y
- Elgin 4th of July Parade | Elgin, Texas | N/A
- Lakeway City Park | Lakeway, Texas | N/A
- Elgin Public Library 4th of July Picnic (June 29th) | Elgin, Texas | N/A
- 101X Remote @ Volente Beach | Lake Travis, Texas | N
- Lago Vista 4th of July Celebration | Lago Vista, Texas | N/A
- Hutto July 4th Events | Hutto, Texas | N/A
- SERTOMA 4th of July Celebration | Georgetown, Texas | Y
- San Marcos Summerfest | San Marcos, Texas | Y
- Cedar Park 4th of July Celebration | Cedar Park, Texas | Y
- Johnson City’s Fourth of July Spangle Dangle Johnson City, Texas | N/A
- New Braunfels 4th of Annual Patriotic Parade | New Braunfels, Texas | Y
- Lockhart 4th of July Fest | Lockhart, Texas | N
- Kyle Fireworks | Kyle, Texas | Y
- Red, White, and Buda | Buda, Texas | Y
- Vinopalooza Annual Wine Festival | Marble Falls, Texas | N/A
Of course there are even more 4th of July concerts, firework shows, and parties of all sorts in Central Texas. If you have a special suggestion let us know and write it in the comment box below. Wherever you decide to spend your 4th of July, Superior Foundation Repair wishes you a very happy, fun, and safe holiday. For all your Austin Foundation Repair or San Antonio Foundation Repair needs please contact us for a free foundation repair inspection and estimate. Happy 4th of July!
As usual, Superior Foundation Repair has been putting together a list of the top events for the upcoming holiday. In this post we will take a look at our picks for the 5 best festivals/events happening in Central Texas over the July 4th weekend. Following our list for the top 5, we will be listing links to other events and their locations. Superior Foundation Repair wishes you a safe holiday weekend, and please, don’t drink and drive.
Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Picnic
- If you haven’t heard about the opening of the new Backyard in Bee Cave, you’ve probably been living under a rock, or just moved here to Austin. One of Austin’s most loved venues has recently reopened and will be hosting Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Picnic. This Texas Country Megafest starts at 10 a.m. on Sunday July 4th and features such notable artists as Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Asleep at the Wheel, Jack Ingram, Ray Wiley Hubbard, David Allen Coe, and Kevin Fowler, just to name a few. Tickets are available online or at Waterloo Records for $55.
The official event page for Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Picnic
H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert & Fireworks
- The Austin Symphony will be performing their annual concert at Auditorium Shores from 8:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. on Sunday July 4th. Led by Peter Bay, the symphony will perform an array of patriotic songs culminating with the 1812 overture accompanied by 75-millimeter Howitzer cannons. The performance will segue into a half hour fireworks show over Ladybird Lake. The event is free, and more than 100,000 people are expected to attend this celebration, so if you plan on attending get there early.
The official event page for H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert & Fireworks
The Official San Antonio 4th of July Celebration
- San Antonio’s official party takes place at Woodlawn Lake Park on July 4th. The festivities begin at 10 a.m. and include a parade at 11:30 a.m., a kids Zone with carnival rides and games, live music throughout the day, a special performance by the U.S. Air Force Band of the West at 7:30 p.m., and of course a fireworks show starting at 9 p.m. Much like the Austin Symphony performance, this event will be well attended, so get there early!
The official event page for The Official San Antonio 4th of July Celebration
Luckenbach’s 4th of July Celebration
- Luckenbach’s annual, FREE 4th of July Celebration will start at 1 p.m. on Sunday July 4th. The event is scheduled to last until 6 and will feature performances from 9 musical groups. Performers include: Walt & Tina Wilkins, The Mystiqueros, Jimmy Davis, Mike Blakely, Kevin Higgins and Barbara Malteze (of the Dust Devils), Brian Langlinais, Austin Mayse, Bill Worrell and Jason Eady. After the celebration a special July 4th edition of the Picker’s Circle will be held from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. for those who aren’t quite ready to go home.
The official event page for Luckenbach’s 4th of July Celebration
35th Annual Schertz Jubilee
- The annual Shertz 4th of July Jubilee will take place from July 2nd-4th. The festivities kick off with a BBQ cookoff at noon on Friday, and feature live music in the evening down at Pickrell Park in Shertz, Texas. On Saturday there will be a Rib Cookoff (starting at 9 a.m.), parade, special guests, live music, and a special performance by the U.S. Air Force Band of the West at 2:30 p.m. Sunday will feature an Apple Pie Bakeoff (starting at 12 p.m.), YMCA Family Fun Time (with games and activities), live music and of course a fireworks show starting at 9:15 p.m.
The official event page for 35th Annual Schertz Jubilee
Other Central Texas 4th of July Fests
Of course there are many other festivities to be found throughout Central Texas on the Fourth of July Holiday Weekend. Following is a list of links to other festivals and where they are located.
- Frontier Days Celebration Round Rock, Texas
- Lakeway City Park Lakeway, Texas
- Spicewood 4th of July Parade Spicewood, Texas
- Pflugerville Pfirecrack Pfestival Pflugerville, Texas
- Wimberley Independence Jubilee Wimberley, Texas
- Delwood II/Mueller Fourth of July Austin, Texas
- East Communities YMCA July Fourth Family Fun Festival Austin, Texas
- Elgin 4th of July Celebration Elgin, Texas
- Volente Beach Fireworks Lake Travis, Texas
- Lago Vista July 4 Celebration Lago Vista, Texas
- Carlos’ N Charlie’s Fireworks Extravaganza Austin, Texas
- Pioneer Farms Independence Day Celebration Austin, Texas
- Hutto July 4th Events Hutto, Texas
- SERTOMA 4th of July Celebration Georgetown, Texas
- Round Rock Express/Dell Diamond Round Rock, Texas
- San Marcos Summerfest San Marcos, Texas
- Cedar Park 4th of July Celebration Cedar Park, Texas
- Fredericksburg Independence Day events Fredricksburg, Texas
- Johnson City’s Fourth of July Spangle Dangle Johnson City, Texas
- New Braunfels 4th of July Celebration New Braunfels, Texas
- Lockhart 4th of July Fest Lockhart, Texas
- Opal Divine’s Drink Pink benefiting Breast Cancer Research Austin, Texas
- Kyle Fireworks Kyle, Texas
- Red, White, and Buda Buda, Texas
If you have links to any other events going on around Central Texas during the 4th of July weekend, please leave them in the comments section below. Superior Foundation Repair wishes you a happy and safe holiday. For all of your Austin Foundation Repair or San Antonio Foundation Repair needs, please contact us for a free foundation repair estimate.
Christmas time is upon us. A time for family, shopping, and lots of food. This year, Christmas day falls on a Friday, and, typical for Austin, there will be things to do on Friday the 25th. Whether it’s a theater production, live music, or a movie, there is something for everyone. Especially those that enjoy the long Christmas day, but are usually antsy to get out and about by the evening. Following is a list of 5 interesting things to do on Christmas day:
- Antone’s Christmas show:
- Carolyn Wonderland with Shelley King & Blues Mafia
- “Blues-rocker Carolyn Wonderland is a singer/songwriter/pianist/ trumpeteer/guitarist from Texas. She began performing solo as a teen and then later with her band the Imperial Monkeys. While firmly entrenched in blues-rock, Wonderland and her group sport a diverse range of other influences, from country to zydeco to surf to Latin to boogie, and even jazz.” source: Austin 360
- Doors: 8 p.m. – Show: 9 p.m. – Tickets
- ‘Rockin Christmas Party’ @ZACH Theatre’s Kleberg Stage
- “Austin’s rock-n-soul holiday spectacle, Rockin’ Christmas Party, celebrates a sweet sixteen years reigning as one of our town’s longest-running traditions!” (description from website)
- Showtime: 8 p.m. – Tickets
- ‘The Santaland Diaries’ @ZACH Theatre’s Whisenhunt Stage
- A comedy which tells the story of an actual Macy’s elf, Crumpet, and the difficulties of dealing with the demands of Christmas.
- Showtime: 8 p.m. – Tickets
- ‘Sherlock Holmes‘ – Opening day
- Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.), Dr. Watson (Jude Law), Lord Blackwood (Mark Strong)
- Theaters showing ‘Sherlock Holmes’
- ‘It’s Complicated‘ – Opening Day
- With: Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, and Steve Martin
- Theaters showing ‘It’s Complicated’
Superior Foundation Repair wishes you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy Holiday Season. Sign up for our RSS Feed and visit our blog again on December 28th for our recommendations for New Year’s Eve!
Technorati Tags: tips,5 events,Austin Christmas,Austin,Christmas,things to do list,events
Hands of Hope provide dinners for 800 Austin Families
On Saturday November 21, at the El Buen Samaritan Episcopal Mission 150 volunteers gathered to spread some holiday cheer to 800 families in need around the Austin area. The goodies handed out included Turkeys and ingredients for side dishes. Due to the economic downturn the number of families Hands of Hope were able to help was down from 1000 to 800 this year, while the number of requests from people in need increased by about 55% according to News 8 Austin.
Story from the Austin-American Statesman
Interfaith celebration of Thanksgiving
On Sunday, November 22nd, followers of more than a dozen faiths gathered at the 1st Baptist Church of Austin to celebrate Thanksgiving. Gatherers from both Christian and non-Christian faiths gathered together to give thanks in a multi-cultural, interreligious showing of solidarity. This year’s event marked the 25th anniversary of the interfaith celebration.
5 Interesting events on Thanksgiving day
ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot –
Austin Volunteer Orchestra live at Ruta Maya
- South Lamar
The Scabs @Antones
- Any time the Scabs play, it is a must see event
- Support Uncle Lucuis
Surly Joe & The Spice of Life Variety Hour @lazonarosa
- Tickets available at the door on the night of the show only
- La Zona Rosa
Superior Foundation Repair wishes you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving, and hopes you have a wonderful holiday.
Technorati Tags: foundation repair, 5 events, Austin events, Austin things to do, Austin Thanksgiving, list, thanksgiving, things to do list, austin foundation repair